At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager HR Business Partner (HRBP) who sits at the intersection of Human Resources and our Business Leaders. The individual is responsible for shaping the employee experience, ensuring the company’s talent grows in meaningful ways, and making business leaders and HR as successful as possible. In this role, the Manager contributes to and leads execution of human resources strategies and tactics to support the needs of the various Corporate groups. The manager will lead and facilitate all HR services for the client group she or he supports through collaboration with the clients, HR specialty groups and other HR business partners. He or she will serve as an expert consultant to business leaders on all talent matters, including organizational effectiveness, leader effectiveness, organizational design, learning needs/opportunities and conflict resolution.
- Establish and maintain an intimate understanding of the client organizations and the business, in the interest of building effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients, at all levels of the organization.
- Proactively assess business and organizational performance to recommend and drive action through a consultative, “influence without authority” approach.
- Coach business leaders on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development, and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
- Plan and lead organization design projects to streamline and implement new structures, roles and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands.
- Assess organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing HR solutions that support client business objectives.
- Coach business leaders on key organizational and management issues.
- Plan and facilitate work sessions to develop business strategies (i.e. vision, mission, value, objectives) that help support organizational focus, efficiency, speed, and business results.
- Develop and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career / succession planning, talent movement and retention, leveraging rigorous workforce analytics and insights.
- Collaborate with recruitment, with a strong focus on acquiring and retaining top talent and on building pipeline for future needs.
- Use understanding of individual and organizational dynamics to facilitate talent movement into and throughout the organization.
- Develop thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention.
- Assess employee training and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close gaps between current and future skill sets.
- Includes bi-coastal client responsibilities
- 4+ years’ progressively responsible experience as an HR Business Partner in a dynamic environment, with specific experience in strategy development, organizational design, talent management and change management.
- Experience working with senior executives in an “influence-without-authority” role.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place.
- Ability to position self as credible (garners respect, acts with integrity, keeps commitments); proactive (has a point of view, challenges assumptions, takes initiative); and a trusted thought-partner (builds relationships, delivers results).
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to balance business partnering skills with employee advocacy.
- Possesses both critical thinking capability and hands-on HR business plan implementation experience.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Human Resources Management or related discipline.
MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred.