If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Identify, support, and develop the future wave of disruptive healthcare technology companies? Are you ready for new challenges? Can you bring together the right balance of game changing businesses that are strategically compatible with one of the leading global health technology companies in the world in order to drive value across key customers including patients, consumers, providers and payers? This is a unique opportunity in the venture space to join a new venture program at the epicenter of the strategy to transform Philips into a leading healthcare and technology company. As a Senior Manager in the Philips Ventures team, you will be responsible for identification, evaluation of, and investment support for key strategically valuable early stage businesses to Philips.
You are responsible for
- Identify and develop a pipeline of relevant startups aligned with Philips patient centric strategy
- Perform due diligence on prospective investments including technology/product (leveraging expertise from Philips’ operational business groups), financial, commercial plan, competition, market, management, etc.
- Support investment professionals within Philips venture team and other key internal venture partners within Philips including R&D, M&A, businesses and market focused venture teams
- Assist in negotiating key investment terms
- Actively participate in managing Philips venture investment portfolio
You are part of
The Philips Ventures team. We are a new function and funding entity within Philips responsible for centralizing all venturing activity within the organization under a single umbrella, providing investment support across R&D and Philips business units on a global basis, and deploying capital to the most strategically relevant startups under a traditional venture model. This central team resides within the Philips strategy organization, with a direct line to the Philips Executive Committee.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- At least 5 years venture / private equity experience in the healthtech space
- MBA from a top-tier business school highly preferable
- International business experience a plus
- Excellent academic track record
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Willingness to travel (25%)
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.