Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent; all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 2,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $100 million in venture funding.
The Data Architect is critical to the business and requires an analytical mind that can help design and build a BI platform that will be used for insights that lead to identification of risks as well as solutions across the enterprise. This function powers a data-driven environment of superior execution across the business and collaborates closely with each business unit to gain an in-depth understanding of business, strategy, processes, services and roadmap and the context in which the business operates. It also requires stellar technical architecture proficiency, deep thinking and a problem solving mindset.
Your Day-to-Day Role
• End-to-end vision of logical design that will translate into one or more physical databases, and design how the data will flow through the successive stages involved.
• Create and maintain the design of data ingestion, orchestration and semantic layer
• Create a fluid, end-to-end vision for how data will flow through the organization by developing data models for database structures
• Understanding the importance of data dictionaries, provide advanced technical support in the research, experimentation, business analysis and use of systems technology including architecture, integration capabilities and database management.
• Lead and manage data warehouse implementation including the implementation of an ETL tool. Address issues of Data Migration - Validation, Clean-up and Mapping
• Collaborate with CIO and department leads to devise a data strategy that addresses business and industry requirements
• Work collaboratively with BI Manager to design and implement new databases, data structures, and data processes to support reporting and analytics needs as well as troubleshoot issues relating to reporting and analytics.
• Provide technical and data leadership to the business application development group, IT and the enterprise including being conversant with and cognizant of the future direction of systems, how that direction will impact the enterprise, and how future and current systems can be exploited for the benefit of the enterprise.
• Identify and evaluate current data management technologies.
• Design, document, construct and deploy database architectures and applications (e.g. large relational databases).
• Integrate technical functionality (e.g. scalability, security, performance and reliability)
• Implement measures to ensure data accuracy and accessibility
• Constantly monitor, refine and report on the performance of data management systems.
• Produce and enforce database development standards.
• Maintain a corporate repository of all data architecture artifacts and procedures.
Your Work Experience
• A BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Management Information Systems. Working for a company that sells products and/or services (technology and software preferred) into enterprise markets is required.
• 10+ years work experience as a Data Architect, ETL Developer, Data Analyst or similar role.
• Strong capabilities in product and project management, system development and analysis.
• Advanced expertise in the full utilization of Salesforce.com and Tableau. Experience working with Netsuite is a plus.
• Experience working in a regulated industry. Preferred exposure to Hippa, SOC2,
• FedRamp compliance requirements.
• Must have worked on data warehousing projects and been involved in supporting data modeling activities as part of building the data warehouse.
• Exposure to cloud integration/ cloud data warehouse implementation (Snowflake, Redshift).
• Exposure to NoSQL and Big Data concepts.
• Experience of MS-SQL server development.
• Experience of ETL tools such as Matillion, Informatica etc.
• Experience working in a multi vendor cloud based application tailored environment.
• Experience in performance tuning of ETL scripts to reduce the CPU time/load timing.
• Experience building databases, data structures, and data processes to support reporting and analytics needs as well as troubleshoot issues relating to reporting and analytics.
• Extensive strategic thinking, planning and execution to improve internal processes and daily working practices between key executives, sales, presales, support, product, legal and finance to drive greater business agility.
• Ability to communicate well to both technical and non-technical staff.
• Sound understanding of Salesforce Relational Database.
• Working knowledge NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDb, Couchbase, Cassandra, Hadoop
• Have lead architecture requirements gathering sessions with detailed documented requirements as an output.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision as well as ability to work within a team.
This is a full time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize interaction with business.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
A Bit About Us
Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and Salesforce Ventures. The company has experienced 100% y/y growth, establishing early market dominance in a big addressable market. To put it in perspective OwnBackup has 2k customers and nearly all of Salesforce 150k customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given the company’s vision to be the leading Cloud Data Protection Platform, there are also plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the company year.