$13bn! The total worldwide sales of Novartis Oncology reported by the team led by you
Your role ensures financial performance through strategic analysis and optimal resource allocation in order to reimaging cancer across 70 countries.
The Management Reporting Group is responsible to drive the Novartis Group’s management reporting strategy in close alignment with Technology Transformation, ensuring delivery of best in class solutions to Novartis Management, allowing efficient analyses of the business performance and delivering on the Novartis Group objectives of Innovation, Growth, and Productivity.
Operationally, the Group must provide management reporting information (e.g. FCRS, NPMR) to the finance community for all Novartis Divisions and support FRA (CTS/Group) to manage processes (Month End Close, BSR, Financial Compliance status reviews). The Group is responsible for managing compliance/performance reporting tools and associated analytics and anomaly detections.
This job requires a solid and multi-disciplinary finance background and big data analytics experience.
The role of the Hyderabad Head – Management Reporting Group will be to lead the support of the C&R Core Month End Close process and already developed applications that FRA (CTS/Group) has designed, built, and is maintaining (e.g. MAAP, MORE, ASPIRE). He will have to lead the data analytics process and system to perform compliance and risk monitoring for the Group. S/He should enable the organization to manage financial and reporting deadlines and drive productivity via reporting excellence, supporting users to throughout the organization when required.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop/design/build compliance and controls monitoring reports defined for the entities covered in the scope, ensuring compliance with agreed policies, SLAs, output quality & defined conventions / standards.
• Implement process/data mining solutions but also develop predictive analytics on Finance Big Data capabilities. Operationalize robust standard processes supported by tools and systems, reflecting best practices, supported by a control framework
• Ensure high level of solution usability while meeting business requirements. Manage the day to day operations of the management reporting systems (Financial and Non-financial), in a timely and ac-curate manner, meeting all business timelines and information/analytic needs.
• Perform operational activities on all supported tools, spanning across multiple locations. Cooperate with IT on resource allocation to maintain tools and systems. Ensure continuous system availability across time zones through process optimization and teamwork.
• Support internal customers to effectively analyze business performance and recommend areas for improvement. Support FRA (CTS/Group) in providing timely reports to monitor financial results and compliance (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, KPIs, compliance cockpits )
• Provide ad-hoc BPA support including advice on accounting treatments. Deliver the Training pro-gram on FRA (CTS/Group) Management Reporting systems
• Perform detailed financial statements review when required (i.e. ratio and trend analysis, valua-tion, impairment testing) to monitor key risks and follow up on action items. Ensure relevant SOX requirements are met.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• CA/MBA (Finance) or Equivalent/University Degree ideally in accounting, finance, or economics
• Fluent in spoken and written English. Strong written and oral communication skills
• Minimum of 15-18 years working experience with MBA (Fi-nance) or Equivalent/University Degree OR minimum of 12-15 years post qualification working experience for CA, in per-formance management systems, financial reporting and analysis or financial planning and analysis roles in a multina-tional organization. Experience in Big Data, predictive analyt-ics and process/data mining
• Knowledge of financial consolidation principles necessary, dealing with multiple currencies and FX scenarios. Knowledge of GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
• Excellent analytical ability with experience of creation and discussion of financial performance KPIs.
• Experience in handling, mentoring and monitoring a team. Experience with SAP BW, SAP BPC, Qlik Sense is must
• Experience in advance excel and MS-Office applications is must. Experience of working in multicultural / international environment
Key Performance Indicators:
• Higher level of customer satisfaction (Group FRA, CFOs, Global BPAs in particular)
• Innovation and continuous improvement in risk and compliance monitoring
• High quality of management reporting services allowing efficient analyses of business performance
• Reliability and accuracy of financial reporting data
• Timeliness of monthly reporting and follow-up on resolution of identified issues.
• Level of innovation in developing and improving reporting and desk top analyses
• No significant external or internal audit issue
Number of associates:15+
Financial responsibility: Management Reporting for IM, Sandoz and CTS Divisions & OUs.
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.