10 major new medicines planned for launch over the
next few years creating new career opportunities for
those who want to make a direct impact on patients at
At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine to address some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and you’ll find new ways to deliver a blockbuster brand to as many people as possible.
Responsible for supporting the Head of the Business Franchise (BF) and the Franchise Leadership Team (FLT) in overall development and implementation of strategic priorities to meet annual BF financial and business objectives and 3-5 year strategic business plan. The primary responsibility is to coordinate the overall operations of strategic and tactical decision-making.
The ideal candidate is passionate about both strategy and execution and is able to translate strategy to impact. The Director, Franchise Business Operations plays a key coordination role between the core BF functions of sales, marketing, commercial acceleration (insights), finance and market access, patient services, and among the cross-functional FLT to ensure effective implementation of the annual BF business plan and achievement of annual BF objectives.
In addition, the Director partners closely with the wider franchise team on performance monitoring, cross-functional implementation of resource allocation, and analysis & utilization of customer insights. The director drives operational execution of 1-2 key commercial innovation initiatives and cross-functional task forces to accomplish top business priorities.
This person will be a self-starter, problem-solver, eager to change and ready to challenge assumptions. The individual is a skilled influencer and is able to interact with various levels of seniority, within and outside of the IHD Franchise and Novartis
Your main accountabilities will be:
Strategic Planning, Forecasting, Reporting and Decision Support
Business Franchise Operations Coordination
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Education: Bachelor's Degree, preferably in business or finance; MBA preferred
Minimum 5 years commercial experience, preferably with multi-functional experience in a pharmaceutical environment such as:
o Sales and sales management experience
o Operations experience
o Brand/product marketing experience and understanding of the marketing processes; previous managed markets experience; thorough knowledge of the integrated healthcare system
o Business analysis; financial management; strategic planning experience
• Consulting experience (internally or externally) highly desired
• Project management skills and ability to problem solve
• Demonstrated leadership abilities and a team player, approachable and open to learning
• Strong at managing top & bottom line and making financial trade-offs
• Strong understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and external factors impacting the market
• Excellent project management and problem solving skills
• Proven ability to understand, track, analyze and leverage data into building effective strategies and business plans
• Demonstrated ability to self-start and proactively initiate
• Exceptional time management, planning, organizational, negotiating and influencing skills
• Competencies in the following areas: project management cross-functional leadership, negotiations skills, communication skills (verbal, written & presentation skills), business acumen, strategic marketing, problem solving operations, inter-dependent partnering skills, people management, ability to manage financial resources, analytic skills and decision making
• Strong entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to take risks
• Establishes and cultivates relationships and collaborates effectively with key stakeholders and partners across the organization
• Exceptional at interpreting and drawing business insights from business results and customer interactions, supported by data and analysis
• Ability to work effectively as an individual contributor and in a team structure and maintain strong cross-functional ties with the business partners
• Ability to deal with ambiguity while achieving clarity in process and capabilities to deliver results
• Strong track record in moving projects forward in a matrix organization
• Ability to go beyond the "tried and true" to lead the development of new practices, processes and strategic, as well as tactical initiatives that create broad-based commercial opportunities
• Successful track record in driving breakthrough thinking that leads to systemic change and development of successful business practices
769 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us re-imagine medicine.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.