CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Manager of Global Brand Marketing, Dolls Portfolio will lead in the development, implementation, and management of strategic and tactical toy marketing programs, focusing on global brand strategy, line architecture and product development, and content opportunities on the dolls portfolio in order to achieve financial growth and profit targets.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Manage day-to-day line development for brands/brand segments with the cross-functional team to achieve goals and manage to key milestones while meeting margin and line rationalization targets
- Manage brand(s) to financial targets and brand budgets
- Utilize key competitive and consumer data as well as key stakeholder input to develop long-term planning outlines for brand(s)
- Collaborate with key subsidiaries to incorporate global market needs and feedback through consistent two-way communication to ensure effective flow of information
- Execute global brand-building activities and develop global marketing tools, including brand and product advertising, and development of content with internal and external groups
- Communicate franchise/brand and marketing strategies with stakeholders and the cross-functional team
- Develop and manage brand forecasts
- Build cross-functional relationships; manage and develop marketing talent
- Ensure consistency across the franchise/brand
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum 6 years (4 years with MBA) experience in consumer or brand marketing
- Demonstrated strategic planning skills
- Prior product development experience required
- Prior leadership experience in marketing/brand management including managing multi-disciplinary cross-functional teams
- Proven analytical and conceptual skills
- Excellent written/verbal, time management and quantitative/analytical skills
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Entrepreneurial mindset & self-starter
- Forward thinking- must be passionate about future trends
- Ability to drive change and results through influential leadership skills
- Demonstrated strong facilitation skills and ability to identify common ground amongst individuals with divergent opinions and perspectives
- Demonstrated strong presentation skills with a persuasive nature
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated positive attitude, sees challenges as opportunities and translates them into actionable items
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.