The role of Business Development – Inventory Finance will have business development and relationship management responsibility for the Inventory Finance, Transportation business within Hitachi Capital America. This position will build relationships, solicit, on board, and have commercial responsibility for sales activities of the Inventory Finance business. This role will work closely with the General Managers and functional leaders of Inventory Finance, Vendor Finance, Transportation Retail Sales, Transportation Mobility and Canadian organizations in the development and execution of growing the Transportation Finance portfolio. Partner with vendors/OEMs and build programs and win key enterprise and dealer accounts. Facilitate and develop supply chain fee income opportunities within the OEM, distributor, dealer and upfit environments by leveraging broader capabilities of Hitachi and Mitsubishi groups. Manage existing and solicit new individual dealer accounts. Responsible for ensuring growth in transportation and specialty vehicle markets to include: Class 1-8 chassis and bodies which may include but not be exclusive to Bus (EV Bus, shuttle, school, transit, limo bus), Towing/Wrecker, Fire, Truck, Emergency Vehicle/Ambulance, Mobility, Trolley, Chassis, Medium Duty, Work Truck, Vocational, bailment pools, semi-trailers, Electric Vehicles and other assigned segments. Provide guidance and market expertise in these markets to leadership regarding both strategy and execution. Personally, support strategic customers (both dealer and manufacturer) to develop strong relationships.
As adjacent opportunities arise, this individual will be responsible for referring business cross functionally to drive growth in assigned markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and build a portfolio of accounts in assigned markets. Partner with customers to align HCA finance offering with customers’ needs.
- Assist cross-functional teams to improve a finance model to distinguish IF as a leader in inventory financing.
- Function as a Customer Experience Strategist through relationship building, structuring programs, and handling customer project escalations as well as leveraging relationships on customer issues as they relate to non-payment. Identify friction points, or potential friction points, for customers from onboarding of new dealers and programs and look to eliminate those friction points. Regularly work with each customer’s Executive Leadership Team to build critical relationships.
- Develop program and dealer relationships with key accounts, compliance with all relevant regulations.
- Assist in building the business by leveraging industry expertise, strategic relationships, and partnerships.
- Work closely with leadership and other department managers to build a team environment that focuses on cooperation, collaborative problem solving, and collective ownership of our business and customer responsibilities.
- Professionally and effectively represent HCA at industry conventions and seminars, sales meetings and other professional functions as needed.
- Individually and through subordinates represent HCA by always meeting the highest of ethical and professional standards.
Responsibility and Decision-Making Authority:
- Engage and develop relationships with customers in assigned markets. Work with HCA team to ensure new business fits within policy, business and pricing guidelines, and processes.
- As the business grows, staff and manage a team to achieve business objectives.
- None initially. Possess the ability to manage a team as the business grows.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10+ years’ experience in building inventory finance programs, partnering with business leaders and staff.
- Strategic, with a focus on details. Ability to balance a breadth of experience and knowledge while managing strategically.
- Strong background and prior experience working with dealers and manufacturers in assigned markets. Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a leadership team both internally and externally.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills. Be able to communicate with customers at the C-Suite level.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to HCA’s mission and vision.
- Proven ability to influence and lead at all levels of the organization, specifically through a matrix environment.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment while also driving toward clarity and solutions.
Education and Experience:
- Prior experience in Business Development and Sales Leadership highly desired
- Knowledge of assigned transportation and specialty vehicle markets including existing relationships with key industry players.
- Inventory Finance industry knowledge, including a strong understanding of structural tools, offerings, and programs that make customers successful
- Prior experience in Portfolio Management and Underwriting preferred.
- MBA preferred but not required.
Licensing and Certification: N/A
- Hours may vary and will require evening work depending on business needs and will require working overtime.
Tools and Equipment Used: Personal computer, phone, and other typical office equipment
- Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of office equipment
- Light lifting and carrying of supplies, files, etc.
- Ability to speak to and hear customers and/or other employees via phone or in person
- Body motor skills sufficient to enable incumbent to move from one office location to another
The job description does not constitute an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.