Thereís never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision wonít happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us†
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
- Provide the voice of VMEC to the Vehicle Team and bring the voice of the Vehicle Team into VMEC
- Understand the needs from their program team and the capacity within VMEC to deliver expected features
- Provide the Agile Release Trains (ARTs) insights into program priorities and needs
- Negotiate any adjustments both within assigned program and across other programs to ensure VMEC is working on the highest value content at the right time
- Provide visibility to program teams on the work being completed in VMEC and how it aligns to their program timing and plan
- Resolve any issues that arise if development isnít aligning to expected plan by connecting the proper parts of the VMEC organization together to ensure visibility and delivery
- Ensure Vehicle build success and drive Issue Resolution
- Serve as the Program Team point contact to facilitate issue resolution by applying VMEC systems organizational knowledge to ensure the right problems are being resolved by the right people
- Demonstrate leadership ability to proactively remove roadblocks
- Work with partners beyond VMEC such as Validation and Calibration to ensure issue resolution and aligned delivery
Additional Job Description
- Focuses on Customer and Stakeholder Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of customers to meet or exceed their expectations
- Business minded:† Ensure knowledge and information flowing seamlessly thorough both technical know-how and first-hand knowledge of the tasks they assign to others to keep the program moving forward
- Decision Making: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and make clear decisions, which are timely, and in the best interests of the organization
- Drives for Results: Demonstrated ability to attain results, while balancing technical solutions with business imperatives.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.† High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate and elicit work output
- Organizational Agility: Demonstrated ability to work end to end throughout vehicle development cross-functionally across multiple sectors (hardware, software, vehicle, platform, manufacturing) and boundaries (requirements, electronic modules, controls design, software, and calibration).†
- Bachelors of Science - Engineering degree
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate and elicit work output
- Advanced degree (MBA, MSE)
- DFSS Black Belt Certification
- Knowledge of safety and quality systems (RPR+; PRTS; Safety Field Investigation; RedEx; GMS; SAFe)
- Vehicle launch and design release experience
- Extensive knowledge of vehicle motion systems and cross-functional vehicle development in all phases of the VDP
- High level of analytical/problem solving skills where problems are unusual and complex