In the Facebook Reality Labs organization, we're building the next generation of devices and experiences that make people feel closer. This includes Oculus, Portal and AR products, AR and VR software and content, and research and development labs.
We’re looking for an experienced product marketing leader to build and lead a passionate product marketing team chartered with developing and launching consumer and developer hardware and software experiences for Facebook Reality Labs. This person will be responsible for leading a team that will focus on providing insights and guidance to early stage product development from a product marketing perspective, developing and executing GTM strategy and processes for new hardware launches and software feature introductions, and is directly responsible for leading the process that kicks off the key PMM levers (User segmentation, Positioning, Naming, Packaging, Pricing, Placement, etc.).
The ideal candidate will be able to earn the trust of executive leadership and cross-functional partners in Product Management, Marketing, Sales, PR, Analytics and other cross-functional teams. The ability to build a high performing team, go-to-market strategy from the ground up for early stage nascent products and establish product marketing and go-to-market best practices within the organization will be key, as will your leadership contributions to build a healthy, resilient product marketing organization within the FRL PMM organization. Travel will be necessary, as beneficial to team success.Product Marketing Lead, Facebook Reality Labs Responsibilities
- Build and lead a high performing team of hardware or software product marketers, managing team performance and supporting career development and growth.
- While building the team, work hands-on with key stakeholders to advance project milestones.
- Influence future product development with a customer-centric perspective, in particular audience development, positioning and value prop frameworks, and roadmaps for early stage product explorations.
- Design and lead go-to-market strategy, tactics and execution in partnership with key stakeholders, such as Product Management, Marcom, Communications, Developer Relations, and Product Growth teams to ensure we achieve our business goals and objectives.
- Contribute to broader org health through process improvement and community-building across product marketing.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent product marketing experience
- 10+ years experience in software and/or hardware product marketing
- 3+ years team leadership experience
- Experience working on consumer hardware or software brands/products
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, either formally through reporting structure or informally through influence
- Experience partnering closely with product teams to influence product strategy and roadmaps
- Experience launching consumer hardware and/or software products and building GTM launch frameworks
- 15+ years experience in a product marketing, ideally software or hardware consumer products
- 5+ years team leadership experience
- 3+ years experience working on emerging consumer technology brands/products
- Advanced qualifications in business and go-to-market strategy
- Experience leading product marketing for early stage products or companies
- MBA degree