About this opportunity
Business Area Networks (BNEW) develops Ericsson's industry leading radio networks products and solutions and is the foundation for Ericsson's technology leadership. BNEW is committed to securing our growing market leadership in radio and transport, taking a pole position in 5G, and continuing to invest for sustainable technology leadership within a highly competitive market.
We are looking for a highly engaged and motivated R&D section manager, to accelerate our capability within the analog and digital electronics design domains. Our roadmap contains world class mobile backhaul products that needs to be taken from concept to release, and we need an experienced leader to drive the development, coach individuals to reach their full potential, and build high performing teams.
The Microwave & Digital design section is located within the product development unit Transport, in the Microwave Hardware development organization, where the hardware development teams are responsible for developing and maintaining products and features for the MINI-LINK portfolio. To be successful in our product development we need competence in multiple domains such as mechanical, thermal and filter design, digital signal processing (DSP) and data traffic functionality through FPGA and ASIC technologies, verification, and test system development.
Specifically, the three teams in the Microwave & Digital design section are experts in development of indoor and all-outdoor mobile backhaul products, focusing on digital and analog (including microwave) electronics design.
What you will do
* Recruit, coach, develop individuals and build teams that perform at the top of their ability
* As a line manager lead analog and digital electronics design teams to reach challenging goals
* Actively participate, day-to-day, in supporting the teams, remove impediments, encourage continuous improvements and innovation
* Drive collaboration with peer organizations within Hardware development, PDU Transport and Ericsson
* Initiate and motivate changes in the organization with focus on ways of working
* Interact with and drive solutions towards external suppliers on the global market
You will bring
* A master's degree in electrical engineering, engineering physics or similar
* Excellent people leadership and coaching skills proven in an agile development environment
* Ability to motivate and guide highly technical individuals in an engineering environment
* Understanding of and interest in analog and digital electronics design and corresponding methods and tool
* Strong track record of leading change, improvements, and innovation in an R&D context
* Strong quality and product focus and the ability to connect technology to business
* Excellent skills in English to be used in Ericsson internal and external communications
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, youÂ´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of whatÂ´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world's toughest problems. YouÂ´ll be challenged, but you won't be alone. YouÂ´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
Location for this role: GĂ¶teborg, Sweden
Recruiter: Anna Magnusson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This position reports to: Head of Microwave Hardware Development
Selection is ongoing please apply as soon as possible
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that's why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || Sweden : VĂ¤stra GĂ¶taland : GĂ¶teborg
Req ID: xxxxx3
Click here to find out more about our benefits