This is a great opportunity for a high performing talent to join Amcor as Manager, Corporate M&A at the company’s Headquarter in Zurich. Amcor is a thriving S&P 500 organisation listed both on the NYSE (AMCR) and ASX (AMC) with US$12.5 billion in sales. We have a proud history dating back to the 1860s and have come a long way to become the global leader in consumer packaging. Today, Amcor is an international organisation empowering its 47,000 employees across 230 sites in over 40 countries. Amcor operates in four primary packaging product segments, notably flexible packaging, rigid packaging, specialty cartons and closures.
The role of the Manager, Corporate M&A is to provide support to senior members of the team and participate in M&A projects and strategic initiatives. This includes transaction evaluations and process execution, working directly with numerous internal and external stakeholders across the globe.
The position will report to Amcor’s Corporate VP Strategic Development and is part of the Strategic Development Group (SDG). SDG supports the Business Groups on selected strategic initiatives as well as acquisitions, divestments and other such opportunities. The SDG team stewards Amcor’s Corporate Strategy, leads the annual Strategy Cycle and develops strategic planning capabilities across Amcor. Further, the SDG team leads the execution of M&A projects, including opportunity assessment; financial/valuation analysis; co-ordination of due diligence activities; negotiation of terms and documentation; and co-ordination of transaction approvals. The Strategic Development Group team is seen as a career steppingstone into the broader Amcor organization.
The successful candidates will be responsible for:
• Manage the M&A pipeline, track activities and progress
• Construct detailed business cases including financial modelling analysis
• Support the review of strategic options and decision-making processes
• Prepare senior management and board papers to review progress and approve transactions
• Provide full support on all aspects of transaction evaluation and execution
• Build relationships with intermediaries/advisers and internal counterparts across the globe
• Help identify business and operational synergies and risks
• Coordinate due diligence and help manage internal and external service providers
• Coordinate transaction documentation in conjunction with senior team members and internal and external legal counsel to ensure appropriate contractual arrangements.
• Support deal process and negotiation preparation including strategy development and drafting of documents such as term sheets, MOUs, offer letters etc
Ideally the successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
• Master’s or MBA from a top business school preferred
• At least 3-5 years of direct M&A experience including hands-on execution experience at a leading investment bank, boutique advisor, private equity firm or accounting firm
• Packaging and emerging markets experience is useful but not a prerequisite
• Strong team player with good interpersonal / influencing skills
• Commercial mind-set and ability to quickly understand a business, its key drivers and challenges
• Strong presentation skills supported by excellent communication and problem-solving capabilities
• Able to deliver Executive Team and Board ready materials that succinctly communicate key messages
• Self-starter, able to work autonomously, manage multiple tasks and prioritise successfully
• Be ambitious, motivated and possess a desire to succeed and outperform
• Fluent in English – other languages would be a benefit
Here at Amcor, we work together every day to make a positive impact on the lives of millions of people across the globe by providing packaging for essential products, including food, beverages, pharmaceutical, medical, home and personal care. We are sustainability leaders in our industry. We are the first global packaging company to commit to make all our products recyclable or reusable by 2025. We are always looking for talented and passionate individuals who are motivated to make a difference. Working at Amcor means you will have a unique opportunity to be a part of an organisation that is committed to innovating and driving new solutions to create a more sustainable packaging space. To find out more about Amcor, visit www.amcor.com I LinkedIn I Glassdoor I Facebook I Twitter I YouTube