As Novotel Surfers Paradise's Conference and Events grow we have an amazing new opportunity for an enthusiastic and guest-focused Conference and Events Operations Manager to join our team. https://wxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx.xx/xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxx/
Reporting to the Director of Food and Beverage, you will be responsible for the operations and management of all conference and events throughout the Hotel, from corporate conferences of 300 guests to intimate board meetings of 12 guests or less as well as off-site events. You will work closely with the Food and Beverage, Sales and Marketing as well as overall hotel operations teams and be responsible for the day to day operations of C&E. Meeting and welcoming each client personally, running through the finer details of their event and seeking feedback during the event to ensure we exceed their expectations and turn our valued clients into repeat bookings.
What you'll be doing:
* Managing the Conference and Events Operations/budget, and controlling expenses with a focus on food, beverage, productivity and labour costs whilst balanced to correctly reflect our Novotel brand reputation and guest expectation.
* Identify creative and unique opportunities to provide banqueting experiences supporting the highest guest satisfaction in innovative ways.
* Ensuring agile planning, preparing and rostering colleagues, briefing the team, meeting productivity, while ensuring our guests satisfaction creating return clients.
* Recruiting, retaining and developing colleagues who are passionate about delighting guests and delivering exceptions meetings and events moments.
* Performance coaching and informal job chats to support our colleagues in striving to be their best. Developing talent and high performers to support them in desired career growth.
* Staying abreast of trends in the MICE space and awareness of competitor offerings ensuring ours is at the forefront.
* Establishing and achieving quality and guest satisfaction goals, leading by example. Personally setting the tone for exceptional engaging guest interactions
* Taking appropriate action on all guest feedback. Responding to any guest feedback in a timely and appropriate manner, with a view to continuously improve our practices.
What we're looking for:
* Appropriate background of leadership in complex hotel or stand-alone food and beverage operations executing special events, corporate meetings and group/banquet business.
* Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, train and develop a team.
* A detailed focused team player who enjoys going the extra mile for each guest whilst ensuring financial budgets are achieved.
* Strong organisational skills to ensure banquet event orders are followed and the agility to proactively manage last minute client requests or bookings.
* Exemplary written and aural communication with an efficient approach to email and other IT system handling, especially MICROS, Opera, OrderUP, timetarger and purchasplus is an advantage however on-job training will be available.
* A person with energy, drive, and a positive attitude that will be contagious to your colleagues to uphold service our Novotel brand and quality standards.
* Hold a current QLD RSA is essential
* The ability to work a flexible roster, including mornings or nights, weekends and public holidays.
* Must have the appropriate legal requirements to work in Australia.
What's in it for you?
With over 400 hotels in Australia and New Zealand, and over 5000 globally, Accor offers limitless opportunities to grow your career within a supportive network of likeminded professionals plus uniforms and meals provided and you can take advantage of exclusive rates across Australia - from 30% off, starting from your first day! Plus free car parking, uniform provided and a healthy duty meal each shift.
Become a Heartist and work in an environment where we encourage you to bring your real self to work, unleash your creativity, have fun and progress your career! Apply now to begin your Accor journey!
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply