Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
1) Achieve Global product line sales and margin by driving execution of sales and marketing plan, tracking actuals vs. target and other key metrics such as closes, any losses, and growth within accounts, and adjusting tactics as needed to achieve targets.
2) Develop sales tools (literature, brochures, website, and all media), training materials, and field sales and customer communications to support sales and the customer and address any product line issues. Assess value, plan, and coordinate presence at key industry meetings. Support field efforts to participate in and conduct local channel meetings that drive customer adoption. Comprehend channel marketing efforts and requirements in managing development of promotional media. Develop sales educational/promotional pieces as appropriate: Initiate/manage/implement publications/ competitive comparisons to support business strategy as appropriate.
3) Build relationships with key customers, thought leaders, trade associations, and industry players to facilitate sales and increase positive visibility and adoption of Abbott products. Participate in various channels (including, Govt business) development discussions and provide input to drive development to higher value products that improve healthcare.
4) Work with Finance, Marketing Manager, Directors and Regional Managers to provide business analysis and support development of PLAN, Update, and LBEs. Provide monthly assessment of product line performance in sales, margin, new closes, and other issues affecting business prospects.
5) Approve a field notification on a product performance issue: understand key technical issues, clearly communicate in written form, anticipate customer/ competitor response and minimize negative reaction
6) Marketing Meetings: Organizes and facilitates national marketing meetings. Works with a broad array of internal and external groups to assure that marketing goals are achieved. Develops and presents product information and training to sales force and key customers. Participates in product strategy development; Visits customers/has VIP contacts Chooses reference centers to run clinical studies/trials. Follows up closely on projects in collaboration with others. Negotiates and prepares contracts for support/service. May be required to establish and maintain close relationship with labs which work as confirmation centers for specific channels. As required, make sure that customers can send in reagents to have them tested. Internal Contacts: Provides leadership by representing the customer and driving products to market. Develop and implement marketing strategy
1) Define a marketing plan in a new or undefined market.
Work with worldwide marketing and a venture team.
Define target market.
Understand key customer needs.
Differentiate our product from the competition.
Quantify the sales and profit opportunity.
Define the strategy.
Communicate the strategy and gain agreement from various channels.
2) Develop marketing plan for product line with analysis and insights.
Including strategies and specific tactics and resources to drive growth opportunities and address key risks.
Review pricing and.
Update as needed based on changing situation (customer, cost, competition, new products).
Execute annual price increase.
3) Product Launch:
Complete a launch package.
Organize information in a logical concise manner.
Provide positioning to differentiate the product from the competition, approve package insert.
Verify ordering information is in the system.
4) Drive execution of strategies and tactics in the field through extensive field travel, creative promotions, and training of sales teams during national and local meetings.
5) Conduct formal market research.
Understand questions that need answering, clearly and objectively define an objective around those questions.
Anticipate the potential outcomes and know what you will do with this information, communicate objective.
Results of market research and recommend actions.
6) Explore external activities:
Work with cross functional teams to explore business arrangement with outside vendor as required for assay, instrument or rare reagent.
Assess patents, technology, competition and market opportunity.
Make recommendation to pursue or not.
7) Forecast a new product.
Establish unit/dollar projections and determine cannibalization impact.
Responsibility for handling backorder / allocation issues with specific product line.
8) Project Management:
Manages the marketing aspects of projects involving cross functional groups.
Bachelors Degree with at least 4-6 years related experience, with at least one year experience in marketing or product management, or MBA with 1-3 years related experience. Product management experience in medical products or services preferred. Strong presentation & communication skills, strategic planning, critical thinking and analysis of market conditions. Willingness to travel within U.S. and internationally.